Sonder Novas are our reliable, versatile disc brake wheelset built for all seasons. Wide-tyred, tough and versatile, the Nova 700c wheelset is ready for adventure on road and trail. Plain-gauge spokes mean that the Novas will stay strong when you load your bike up with luggage. Sealed bearings make them easy to look after and a steel free-hub body will take years of abuse.
- Disc brake specific and tubeless-ready design for 28- 50mm tyres
- 6061 alloy rims with plain gauge steel spokes
- 120-point engagement for quick acceleration and pedalling efficiency
- Built to last: fully serviceable and repairable with no specialist tools required
- 12mm thru-axle front and rear for strength and stiffness.
We’ve used a 6-pawl freehub for instant acceleration and maximum pedalling efficiency. This gives 120 points of contact - just 3° of rotation between each click. With faster engagement, the wheels respond the minute you put the hammer down and save wasted watts.
21mm wide rims are perfectly suited for 28 – 50mm tyres, which means more traction through a broader contact patch and lower rolling resistance.
Novas give a beautifully balanced ride, spin up to speed quickly and roll easily on super-smooth bearings. They’re the wheels we choose when we want to keep all our options open – road, gravel, luggage, doesn’t matter!
Made in Britain
We lace, build and finish all our wheels in our Nottingham factory, with each one getting a full quality control inspection. We’ve brought the build process in house from overseas to enable us to produce something truly special. We can over see the whole construction of our wheels and keep quality consistent, production efficient and reduce the impact on the planet by not shipping boxes of wheels around the world.
- Wide rims increase the contact patch of tyres and reduce rolling resistance
- Plain-gauge stainless steel spokes make wheels strong enough to load up your bike with gear
- Sealed cartridge bearings mean low maintenance
- Designed, hand laced and precision built in the UK
- Covered by our 28 Day Ride Guarantee
- 3 year Alpine Bond
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Nova Rim: Internal width 21mm. Takes 700x28-55 tyres
Nova hub: 12mm thru-axle
Sealed cartridge bearings
Steel free-hub body for durability.
Spokes: Stainless steel plain-gauge
Front: 1000g Rear: 1180g