The streamlined Fuel Pod Long straps to your top tube, keeping snacks, valuables and power packs close to hand without slowing you down on long sportives, audaxes or endurance races.
- Longer, lower and narrower shape is more aerodynamic
- Highly water-resistant for all-weather riding
- Front-facing cable port for light batteries/charging
The Fuel Pod Long’s streamlined shape tucks in tight, sitting below your stem cap and behind your head tube to reduce drag. Its narrower shape is better suited to thinner road bike tubing and also means you won't bash your knees against it when you're standing up in the pedals.
With a 1.25L capacity, it provides plenty of extra on-bike storage for snacks and smaller items you need to keep safe or accessible. The sides are foam padded to reduce rattling and a there’s a front-facing cable port for bike light batteries or charging powerpacks by dynamo.
A minimalist design keeps the Fuel Pod Long as light as possible so you're not wasting watts on your luggage. A simple Velcro strap attaches below your stem and soft-touch Velcro straps thread through Hypalon loops on the bottom to secure it your top tube.
It’s also compatible with the optional Fuel Pod Cradle. The innovative Cradle system sits on your bike and holds the Fuel Pod in place like a rigid but wholly inedible taco shell. This allows you to quickly grab your Fuel Pod and reattach it with minimal faff when you need to take your valuables with you at refuel stops.
The Fuel Pod Long is designed to last, ride after ride, with hardwearing materials and all stress points reinforced using bar tack stitching. We’ve used lightweight and tear-resistant VX21 fabric on the sides and abrasion-resistant 500D Cordura® along the spine to protect this high wear area.
With fully waterproof outer materials and YKK Aquaguard zips, the Fuel Pod Long is highly water-resistant, protecting your stuff in bad weather. The stitching isn’t seam-taped though, so we’d always recommend wrapping any electronics in a dry bag – especially if the forecast is bleak!
Handmade and designed in Nottinghamshire by our talented factory team, the Fuel Pod comes with a 25-year Alpine Bond.
- Longer, lower and narrower shape to reduce drag and avoid knees
- Sits at the front of your top tube for easy access when riding
- Abrasion and tear resistant materials with a reinforced construction for durability
- Highly water-resistant with waterproof fabrics and a YKK Aquaguard zip
- Concealed front-facing cable port for battery/dynamo cables
- Foam-lined at the sides to protect your contents
- Minimalist design for significant weight savings
- Compatible with the Fuel Pod Cradle
- Cradle system makes it easier to detach and reattach your bag at pit stops
- 25 Year Alpine Bond
Fuel Pod Exterior: VX21 210D nylon laminate, 500D Cordura® nylon, Hypalon loops
Fuel Pod Lining: 222D nylon with PU coat
Cradle: 1100D Cordura® nylon, pre-folded polypropylene
Size: 25cm x 8.5cm x 4cm
Fuel Pod: 91g
Origin: United Kingdom
Product Care Information
The Fuel Pod has a DWR coating which helps it to repel water and dirt. After your ride, wipe down your bag with a damp cloth to remove dirt or use mild soap on more stubborn muck. Leave to air dry.