Lightweight, stiff and efficient, the Alpha 29 XC wheelset is ideal for long days of singletrack, shaving time of your favourite flowy red or even endurance racing.
- 6-pawl hub engages twice as fast as standard hubs
- Premium alloy rims for strength without the weight
- 23mm internal rim width, optimised for 2.0” – 2.4” tyres
The Sonder Alpha 29 XC wheelset uses a 6-pawl freehub for instant acceleration and maximum pedalling efficiency. These hubs provide 120 points of contact, resulting in just 3° of rotation between each click. With less free movement between pedal strokes and a faster engagement, the wheels respond the minute you put the hammer down and save wasted watts over distance. The bearings are fully sealed for less maintenance and a durable 17mm hub axle is extra stiff for better power transfer.
The Alpha 29 XC rims are the highest quality rims we use, employing a premium KLM14 alloy. This alloy provides more strength for a lower weight, and the stiff compound promotes precision handling through changing terrain. These lightweight 23mm width rims, combined with Pillar double butted spokes, significantly reduce the rotational mass of the wheel. This saves vital energy over long distance and provides faster acceleration when riding against the clock.
The 23mm rims are compatible with 1.5” to 2.4 “ tyres but are optimised for running 2.0” to 2.4” tyre widths. They’re also welded, providing a better seal for true tubeless compatibility, and designed to Boost spacing standards.
28 Day Rolling Returns
If you don’t love your Sonder wheels, you can send them back for a no-quibble refund within 28 days.
- 6-pawl hubs (3°) for faster pedal engagement and stroke efficiency
- Premium quality alloy rims for strength and stiffness without the weight
- Stiffer 17mm hub axles for better durability and power transfer
- Sealed cartridge bearings for longer lifespan and low maintenance
- Pre-taped welded rims for true tubeless compatibility
- Pillar double butted alloy spokes to save weight
- Wider rims for improved tyre grip, comfort and rolling resistance
- Smooth matt finish
- Covered by our 28 Day Ride Guarantee
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
1.5” Up to 2.4” (optimised for 2.0” -2.4”) and tubeless compatible
Internal width: 23mm
Tubeless compatible and pre-taped
Matt finish KLM41 premium alloy
6-Pawl ratchet system with fully sealed cartridge bearings
17mm alloy hub axles
6061 Alloy Body
6 Bolt Disc Mount
Pillar double butted alloy spokes
28 front, 32 rear
Boost Spacing 148mm x 12mm rear / 110mm x 15mm front