Reproofing your waterproof jacket is easy. This guide gives you simple steps to follow to getting your waterproof working like new again.
When should I reproof my waterproof jacket?
You should reproof your jacket every 6-12 months, depending on how much you use it. To check exactly when your jacket needs to be reproofed you can do a simple check:
Pour some water onto the high-wear points of your jacket. These are generally the shoulders (where the straps of your backpack rub) and your cuffs. If the water soaks into the top layer of the fabric and ‘wets out’ it’s time to reproof.
How do I reproof my jacket?
1. Run your washing machine on a hot cycle with nothing in it. This gets rid of any detergent left from previous washes, which work against your DWR.
2. Wash your waterproof with Tech Wash to safely clean your jacket. Follow the washing instructions on your jacket.
3. Wash again straight away with TX Direct. There's no need to dry the jacket between these steps. Again, follow the instructions on your jacket.
4. Dry in a warm place or tumble dry on low. You can also iron on a low setting as heat helps the DWR to bond with the fabric.
5. No more steps! You're finished. Now get out and don't fear the rain!