Do you know how it feels to run for 1,900 miles? Or to look down at the earth from a space station? Or to swim alongside a hungry shark? Fantastic Female Adventurers by Lily Dyu is a collection of fourteen exciting and inspirational stories about the women that do.
Follow them on their incredible journeys around the globe. Ski to the North Pole with Ann Daniels while watching out for polar bears and lethal cracks in the ice. Feel the air beneath your feet as you climb high on a cliff face with Gwen Moffat. Experience the thrill of racing down rocky Himalayan trails with champion runner Mira Rai. Sail the oceans with Ellen MacArthur, the girl who saved up her lunch money to buy her first boat. You’ll even fly into space with Britain’s first astronaut, Helen Sharman. And join Lily on other awesome adventures with Anna McNuff, Sarah Outen, Misba Khan and more – taking you from Everest to the South Pole and all the places in between. Beautifully illustrated by artist and adventurer Chellie Carroll, Fantastic Female Adventurers will leave you thinking: I can do that, too!
- Inspirational stories from brilliant women, including Helen Sharman, the first Briton in space, and record-breaking sailor Ellen MacArthur.
- Written by an established author, Lily Dyu, an adventurer herself.
- Beautifully illustrated by Chellie Carroll.
- For children (and grown-ups!) aged 8 and up.
- Published by Shrine Bell, imprint of multi-award-winning publisher Vertebrate Publishing.
- Featuring truly inspiring women and people from a range of backgrounds.
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
Size and Extent: 229mm x 178mm, 160 pages, with colour illustrations throughout
Cover: Paperback (with flaps)