Green Oil Chain Lube was developed in 2007 out of frustration over petrochemical bike lubes that often contained toxic PTFE.
All bike products eventually find their way into the environment but most contain a pretty nasty cocktail of chemicals. Using a special plant-based formula, Green Oil Chain Lube is completely biodegradable and PTFE-free.
Bike chains have the potential to be over 99% efficient at transferring pedal power to your wheels but only so long as your chain stays friction-free. Green Oil Chain Lube uses a special plant extract called N-Toc to keep your chain lubricated for over 125 miles and protects it from rust and excessive wear.
The bottle has a long nozzle to get into hard to reach places and is made from 100% recycled plastic.
- Natural, plant-based formula is PTFE-free and fully biodegradable
- Protects, penetrates and lubricates chains for over 125 miles
- Can also be used for cables, brake leavers, bike locks etc.
- Long nozzle to get into hard to reach areas
- Designed for all conditions; stays liquid down to -11℃
- 100% recycled and recyclable bottles
- Refills available from participating bike shops
- 3 Year Alpine Bond
100% recycled bottle
PTFEs are used for to produce non-stick coatings, amongst other things, but these toxic chemicals can build up in the environment and are proven to be carcinogenic. Green Oil Bike Lube uses biodegradable plant-based molecules with a similar structure, cutting out any harmful chemicals.
The Chain Lube bottle is 100% recycled. The bottle and label are HDPE (Plastic Type 2) and are widely recycled. However, the cap is Polypropylene (Plastic Type 5), which is only recycled in select areas.