Jaran 3 is an ultralight, 3-person, 3-season tent with twin porches striking a balance between weight, durability and space.
Weighing only 2.36kg, Jaran 3 has a semi-geodesic geometry with a horizontal supporting crossbar for superb stability in windy conditions. A thicker flysheet increases durability and being silicon coated its naturally PFC-Free. Damp pitches are no problem with the bathtub style groundsheet and there's plenty of ventilation thanks to the incorporated mesh sections. These also keep bugs at bay.
Jaran 3 has twin porches (136 cm x 74 cm) which give ample space for storing kit and make Jaran 3 easy to share with a companion.
- Semi-geodesic freestanding structure
- Single hub design for quick and easy setup
- Horizontal crossbar increase stability and liveable space
- 2 entrances create a more comfortable living space
- Twin 136cm x 77cm porches
- Mesh and polyester panelling on inner for ventilation, warmth and privacy
- Stash pockets for organising your gear
- Factory-taped seams using solvent-free polyurethane tape (PVC & VOC free)
- Bathtub style groundsheet keeps moisture out foot box
- Silicon coated so naturally PFC-Free
- Optional Jaran 3 footprint available
- 3 year Alpine Bond
Total: 2,360g (without footprint)
Footprint (optional): 250g
Pitched: 220cm x 174/146cm x 106cm (W x D x H)
Packed: 15cm x 45cm (D x L)
Flysheet: 40D ripstop nylon with a PU backer
Groundsheet: 40D ripstop nylon with a PU backer
Inner: 15D ripstop nylon
Mesh: 20D breathable nylon
Poles: 7001-T6 alloy
Flysheet: 2,000mm hydrostatic head
Groundsheet: 3,000mm hydrostatic head
Sustainability and Product Care
Caring for your tent
Clean and dry your tent thoroughly after each use. Never use a washing machine, tumble dryer or jet wash to clean your tent. Spot clean with warm water, mild (non-detergent) soap and a soft sponge. Never use bleach, fabric softeners or other household cleaning products and air dry only.
To make your tent last longer, avoid prolonged UV exposure and repair damage immediately. If you are unlucky enough to rip your tent on a trip, use duct tape or StormSure Tough Tape until you have a chance to repair it properly. For more tent repair tips read our tent care and repair blog.