Big backpacks and small ones. Feature full and stripped back. Packs to run, hike, climb, camp and cycle.
We wish we had one of each pack in our gear rooms, but space is often at a premium so we have to choose wisely.
This Spotlight is packed full of information about all of our packs, what we'd use them for and what our favourite features are, so you can decide which backpack best meets your needs.
Alpkit Backpack Range
These rucksacks are packed full of all the features you need. Each pack is designed with a specific purpose in mind, meaning we've put in all the features you need and stipped out the ones you don't.
We've scrutinised over the design to bring comfortable and supportive carry systems with breathable mesh to keep you cool when you're working hard.
What?10 litre hydration running backpack
For… big fast and light days when you need to carry emergency and a lot of water: when a waist pack is too small, a larger pack is overkill, and you want to access your kit as you run.
- Distributes kit around your torso for access to stuff as you run
- Really adjustable for a snug fit that doesn’t bounce or chafe
- Soft mesh back panel that conforms to the shape of your body
- Capacity for Fell Runners Association minimum kit requirements
- Back of bag features: internal hydration sleeve, 2 rear compartments, a rear stash pocket, 2 zipped side stash pockets, pole loops.
- Shoulder straps feature: soft bottle pouch, zipped valuables pouch, 2 x envelope stash pockets, pole retainers, adjustable sternum straps and emergency whistle.
What?15 litre summit day pack
For… carrying essentials on a day out climbing, scrambling hiking or biking; ideal as a multi-pitch summit pack or for travelling
- Minimalist, uncluttered design makes it ideal for climbing and scrambling.
- Sits high on your back so you can wear it with a harness.
- Mesh back panel with internal stiffener, single sternum strap at the front.
- Hydration sleeve (fits a 3L bladder), hanging clip and hydration port for the drinking tube
- Back of pack features: zipped main compartment, zipped external pocket, side stretch stash pockets, pole/axe loops and retainers.
What? 25 litre day pack
For… carrying what you need for the day when biking, hiking or running
- Slim and aerodynamic shape with uncluttered exterior for freedom of movement.
- 3D foam back system with internal stiffener and ventilation channels.
- Back of pack features: zipped main compartment with hydration sleeve and valuables pocket, external zipped pocket with key clip, rear and side stretch pockets, zipped hip fin pockets.
What?35 litre mountain day pack
For… carrying your food, drink, camera, extra layers, waterproofs and camera on long days out in the mountains
- Top loader closure with drawstring to keep out the elements.
- Extendable top lid gives you space to overstuff, with pockets on top and underneath.
- 3D foam with internal stiffener for load bearing and ventilation channels for air flow.
- Hip fin pockets and stretchy side pockets for gear you’ll need on the go.
- Hydration sleeve and port in the main compartment.
What?45 litre technical climbing pack
For… carrying all your climbing gear to the bottom of a route then keeping a low profile as you climb to the summit
- Top loading main compartment with drawstring to keep out the elements.
- Extension collar and extendable top lid lets you overstuff.
- Compression straps on the top and sides for carrying your rope.
- Gear loops on the hip belt, hip belt clips behind out of the way when you’re climbing.
- Anodised aluminium ice axe retainers and central pick guard.
- Smooth and soft snow shedding back support with internal stiffener for load bearing.
What?65 litre backpacking and expedition rucksack
For… carrying everything you need for multiday backpacking trips including your tent, sleep system and cookware.
- Hardwearing fabrics and a reinforced 600D base for durability
- Water resistant fabric with zip away rain cover
- Stretchy side and hip-belt pockets for easy-access storage on the move
- Zipped entry at the side and bottom (with divider) for easier packing and less rummaging
- Floating extendable lid, double drawcord closure and compression straps for optimal packing flexibility
- Hydration port and internal sleeve for water bladder compatibility